[Kde-i18n-pt_br] Question About Header Capitalization

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic em gmx.net
Sábado Maio 3 14:12:38 CEST 2008

> [: Mauricio Piacentini :]
> I have a question from the pt_BR team [...] regards capitalization of menu
> items. According to the usability wiki, these should use header
> capitalizatio:
>
> http://wiki.openusability.org/guidelines/index.php/Guidelines:Menu_Items
>
> So in this case:
>
>   Save As -> Salvar Como
>   Open File -> Abrir Arquivo
>
> Some people consider that this is not "proper" Brazilian Portuguese [...]

The wiki article does not mention rationale for particular point of
capitalization, so I'm wondering if it's plainly due to proper *English*
style, or there's more to it? This distinction could be important for
language teams like pt-BR where, I suppose since you're asking, the language
itself does not impose a strong ortography preference (in my language, Each
Word Capitalization is just plain horrible, so no doubts here :)

--
Chusslove Illich (ЧаÑлав Илић)
Serbian KDE translation team