[Kde-i18n-pa] Re: My Lang Punjabi(pa_IN)'s issue

Mahesh T. Pai paivakil at vsnl.net
Wed Jun 9 19:24:30 CEST 2004

ASAlam said on Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 08:21:16PM +0530,:

 > for example in Gnome  /usr/share/gnome/gkb

On my  Debian `testing' distro with  KDE 3.2.2-2 with  XFree*6 v. 4.3,
keymaps  are  taken from  /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/  directory. The  above
location does not have a Punjabi  keymap. So, you need to get a keymap
for punjabi into  the XFree86 project; not in  KDE. (please correct me
if this a debian specific location).

Regarding the  rendering issues, it was commented  somewhere in Debian
circles that Package:

libqt3c102
Version: 3:3.2.3-2

has a serious problem rendering Indic languages, and the problem is
fixed in 3.3.2.

So, try updating your version of QT.

HTH.

--
         Mahesh T. Pai    <<>>   http://paivakil.port5.com
Free Software - it is free as in FREEDOM