[Kde-i18n-fa] Announcement of Change in Language Name for Persian

Arash Partow arash at partow.net
Sun Feb 10 03:19:26 CET 2008

I'm not quite sure if you understand this, but open source is
inherently not a democracy if anything it is a meritocracy. When I
mentioned setup a vote I meant a vote where people that had
contributed to the project could vote and that did not imply people
that had joined the ML a couple of weeks ago.

Even then what constitutes a contribution is up for debate, my opinion
is that the value of a contribution would have to be a function of
quality and quantity and that value would then be a weighting of that
person's vote.

You and the others that are going "+1 me" "+2 me" etc are non-entities
in this project. Hence rather than trying to make a name for yourself
by conjuring up non-issues as the one presented here you should try
and be productive in the true sense of the word. A cursory search for
your name seems to suggest you've attempted to make contributions to
launchpad why not stay with that project, you may be better off and
more productive.

It is definitely always a good thing to have people join this project
as in the last few years it has been lingering and is in need of
support and a revival as Arash has already suggested. But at what
cost?

This project was started with a set of goals in mind, and a name that
represented those goals, changing the name due to some misguided sense
of historical nostalgia is not the most beneficial thing someone could
do for this project. If you have things you can contribute to this
project other than meddling in the counterproductive bureaucracy then
by all means go forth otherwise feel free to leave.

Arash