[Kde-i18n-fa] Request for Recommendation on Language Name

Arash Bizhan zadeh arashbi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 23:48:04 CET 2008

Come on guys! this debate is going on for years! Why we can not concentrate
on the job instead of making  a fuss about  a name?! I know that the person
who initiated the farsification of KDE highly believed that Farsi is more
accurate than Persian. Leave it as it is as a regard to him ( Arash Zeini).

Can't we just live with whatever name it has and try to make it a better
language? I guess all of you have computer skills and probabely working on
this field; listen for yourself when you are talking in your job! More than
50% of words in every sentence of the everyday language we are using in this
field is English! Why? Because we are too lazy to come up with a proper
Farsi translation OR the language is just lame and could not handle it. You
want to save Farsi/Persian, work to make it better language.

Every time I want to translate something, I feel that a big piece is missing
here, a good searchable repository of common Persian synonyms for Computer
idioms. Every time I am trying to translate "file system" "partition"
"allocation" "CD-ROM" etc, I should struggle for hours to see what I should
put there. We had already a roject for this porpose I don't know what
happened to the outcome. Maybe Mehdi could help me here. Could its result go
to Wictionary or some other repository?

regards,
Arash

On Feb 5, 2008 5:24 PM, Hamed Kordestanchie <kordestanchie at gmail.com> wrote:

> if you are seeking about which is more accurate i think "farsi" is more
> but if you want to emphasize on our nationality i think "persian" is more
> great.
> i myself prefer "persian" to "farsi" & i feel better with it
>
> On 2/6/08, Mohammad Ebrahim Mohammadi Panah <mebrahim at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Salaam,
> >
> > We need to choose between "Farsi" and "Persian" to represent our
> language
> > name in a formal international context. Which one is recommended by
> Academy
> > of Persian Language and Literature?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > --
> >         Mohammad Ebrahim Mohammadi Panah

You can not depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.