No subject

Wed Sep 15 15:34:33 CEST 2004

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I then moved to kwrite(1)
which works but I get the following
error constantly for every key stroke

ASSERT: "width" in katerenderer.cpp (675)
ASSERT: "width" in katerenderer.cpp (675)
ASSERT: "width" in katerenderer.cpp (675)
ASSERT: "width" in katerenderer.cpp (675)
ASSERT: "width" in katerenderer.cpp (675)
ASSERT: "width" in katerenderer.cpp (675)

I did manage to print using kwrite(1).

Any ideas on why I'm getting this assertion ?

Thanks guys....I've been waiting for this revelution (Farsi on Linux)
for years....
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
umm, it has been available now, for a couple of years, albeit with its
own problems.
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">PS: how do I write an HTML file, could I just use kwrite, provide the
HTML tags in English
and put my content by switching to Farsi and then end-tags in
English...
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->Yes, generally that's what you should do. Also in the &lt;head&gt; of your
html file, specify encoding as UTF-8, and also using whatever editor,
make sure that when you are saving your document, the editor saves its
contents using utf-8 encoding.

It is ofcourse easier said than done. In practice, mixing english and
farsi text will cause you so many peculiar and weird problems, that you
rarely get the formatting that you like. I have produced a couple of
persian html pages, and it takes me trice the amount of time to produce
a persian html page, relative to a comparable english document.
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Arash Zeini wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">We have been using (Farsi)KDE successfully to print documents in
Farsi as well as other languages on network printers using CUPS.

This is not a KDE related problem. It looks to me like the
GnomePrintCupsPlugin has a problem. Can you print your documents
using KDE applications like KEdit, KWrite, KOffice or applications
like OO.org?

Greetings,
Arash

In a message dated Thursday 16 September 2004 02:09, Medi Montaseri
      </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->wrote:
  </pre>
        <pre wrap="">I am using gedit(1) and have a linux KDE and have couple of network
printers on my LAN.

I was wondering how to I print my document to these printers.
Currently when I print or do a
print preview from gedit, I see bunch of non-printables chars.

I do get the following messages from gedit(1)

(gedit:12099): GnomePrintCupsPlugin-WARNING **: iconv does not
support ppd character encoding: ISOLatin1, trying CSISOLatin1
Model not found, discarding config
Model not found, discarding config

Is there any HOW-TO for the printing part of Farsi KDE environment.
I have a feeling, some print spooler filter needs to translate the
content to Postscript or whatever
the printer understand.

Thanks
        </pre>