[Kde-i18n-fa] How to print farsi documents

Medi Montaseri mmontaseri at amcc.com
Thu Sep 16 02:09:27 CEST 2004

I am using gedit(1) and have a linux KDE and have couple of network
printers on my LAN.

I was wondering how to I print my document to these printers. Currently
when I print or do a
print preview from gedit, I see bunch of non-printables chars.

I do get the following messages from gedit(1)

(gedit:12099): GnomePrintCupsPlugin-WARNING **: iconv does not support
ppd character encoding: ISOLatin1, trying CSISOLatin1
Model not found, discarding config
Model not found, discarding config

Is there any HOW-TO for the printing part of Farsi KDE environment.
I have a feeling, some print spooler filter needs to translate the
content to Postscript or whatever
the printer understand.

Thanks