[Kde-i18n-fa] How to print farsi documents

Medi Montaseri mmontaseri at amcc.com
Thu Sep 16 18:43:11 CEST 2004

Thanks Arash jan....

Looks like gedit(1) was the problem, I tried kedit(1) but when I
attempted to switch my keyboard
via "Alt-Shift", kedit(1) seg-faulted. I then moved to kwrite(1) which
works but I get the following
error constantly for every key stroke

ASSERT: "width" in katerenderer.cpp (675)
ASSERT: "width" in katerenderer.cpp (675)
ASSERT: "width" in katerenderer.cpp (675)
ASSERT: "width" in katerenderer.cpp (675)
ASSERT: "width" in katerenderer.cpp (675)
ASSERT: "width" in katerenderer.cpp (675)

I did manage to print using kwrite(1).

Any ideas on why I'm getting this assertion ?

Thanks guys....I've been waiting for this revelution (Farsi on Linux)
for years....

PS: how do I write an HTML file, could I just use kwrite, provide the
HTML tags in English
and put my content by switching to Farsi and then end-tags in English...