[Kde-i18n-fa] name conventions

Platoali platoali at gawab.com
Sun May 30 09:48:06 CEST 2004

Hi
I've two questions about translations of the names.

1. I've asked this one before. but  I will ask it again because of making
sure. there are many inconsistency regarding names.What should we translate
the names like clonebombers, tetris and tux racer? Should we translate theme
to their meaning in Farsi, or translate them to Farsi alphabet and with their
English pronunciation with some alterations, for example America and  آمریکا
and ogel? Or don't do anything with them? I think none of these approaches
work 100% in all situations.

2. Some names like gedit, xedit, nedit and many more are translated to tree
different forms. some of them are not translated at all. for example kedit
and kmail. some of them are translated partially to Farsi like Xeditor  to
the ویرایش‌گرx  (virayeshgar X)  and grip to (pareh_konandeh_yeh  G!!!) and
some of them are translated completely to Farsi. Which one is correct?

I think someone should put some regulations like this to the translation guide
so that  all translators know about them.

best regards
platoali