[Kde-i18n-fa] taskbar, antialias, online and identifier

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Sat May 22 14:35:15 CEST 2004

On Saturday 22 May 2004 10:41, Platoali wrote:
> 1.Dictionary shows me for taskbar "milleh_vazife", "milleh_ye vazife",
> "navar-e-vazife" and "milleh abzar".
>
> Should we change all of them to one or all of them are correct?

We should change all of them to one. Which one we should choose can be
discussed. I think "Navâr-e Vazife" is my choice.

> 2.again antialias:
>  "fonts will be antialiased : ،قلم ها در گفتگوی ورود خوش نما"
> "Smoothed Fonts (Antialiasing): قلم های نرم شده(زیبا سازی شده)"
> "Antialias: هموارساز"
> and "Anti-Alias factor:
>  سازه‌ی Anti-Alias"
Again, they should all be changed to one. I like "Xoš Namâ" better than the
other ones.

> I think we should translate factor to " عامل "which one is correct?

I'm not sure about this one. I guess 'Sâze' also means the same, and if it
does, then I prefer to  to 'âmel'. I could be wrong though, check your
dictionary for the meaninng of 'Sâze'.

> 3.Dictionary gives me for Identifier "خصیصه".  I think it is a wrong
> meaning.خصیصه is somehow has the meaning of adjective.Look at this
> example:خصیصه این پیکان رنگ زرد شه". But identifier is something completely
> separate in existence from the thing it is referring to. maybe "نشانه" or
> "معرف"

'Nešâne' seem to be the better translation to me, although it is not perfect.
I agree that 'Xasise" is not a good translation.

> 4.Online is translated to the "روی خط " in some occasions it does not mean
> anything. for example "QT  جدیدترین مستندهای روی خط " What do you think
> about this?

Do we have any other alternative?
'Ruy-e Xat' doesn't seem meaningless to me.

PS: Tips for reading my alphabet:
X stands for kh
š stands for sh
ž stands for zh
â stands for long a.

Now, you should be able to read my email!

--
<!--  People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is
easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce