[Kde-i18n-fa] Thesaurus

Platoali platoali at gawab.com
Sat May 22 10:28:45 CEST 2004

Hi,
It is funny. But it seems that someone has translated
Merriam-Webster Thesaurus to " گنج‌های وبسترـمریم"!!!!! the file is
desktop-kdebase.po. anyway in another place we have "همانندیاب" what do you
think about "گنج‌واژه"?

 Arash is right. Some translations are completely a mass. Many translations
are wrong. Some of the them have not any relation to the text. For
example in the file I'm reviewing desktop-kdebase.po we can see someone
translated:
Name=Telephonebook search provider
to:
Name=فراهم کننده‌ی جستجوی تله‌تکست

or for:
Name=Netcraft
we have:
Name=نت‌اسکیپ

another one:
Name=LocalDomainFilter
translation:
Name=صافی‌دومین‌محلی

Partition is translated to "قسمت".
Comment=Partition information
and:
Comment=اطلاعات تقسیمات

and many many more!!!!!

I just cant imagine someone can translate like this.  Maybe
someone have cracked the kde cvs server!

Anyway, I just wanted to check only fuzzy or untranslated part only. But after
seeing these. I will check all the files from the beginning to the end. I
recommend other do the same specially when checking big files with a lot of
fuzzy parts. I've checked 4 files till now.  Tree of them have an acceptable
translations. Actually they did not have any fuzzy parts. and it shows that
someone has checked them already. I've attached them here. The fuzzy parts
are my changes to the file. But the fourth  one is something different. I
think I should work 3 or 4 days to correct it!!!

Best regards
platoali