[Kde-i18n-fa] Very OT: Do we have the W sound in Farsi?

Platoali platoali at gawab.com
Wed Jun 16 08:04:35 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 01:38, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> Don't you realize that Farsi and Turkish are two completely different
> languages? They are not even from the same root, Farsi is an
> Indo-European language, Turkish is a Turkic language. What Turks have
> done can not help me in any way, cause they speak a different language.

My example was just about implementing phonetic sounds to Latin alphabet. This
doesn't relate to any languages(Turkish or Farsi or Majabaratikati). They
have done it in recent time so their methodology should be helpful for you.
you can't do it for English or any other European languages. Because of time,
what their are pronouncing are very different to what their are writing.
Usually written forms change much slower than oral forms. Turks have done
this very recently so that their works can be used.

>I will count your opinion, and thanks for replying. But I don't regard
>Mo'in that high anyway.

I don't understand why Iranian have the habit of denying their past. Dr Mo'in
was very great man. He was very knowladgable and used the best persons of that
time in writing of this great book.He work all of its life to write  two
great books. Farhang-e mo'in was a masterpeace of his time. I know it has
many lacks. This is because nobody did revise it from the time of
publication. But it has many great features you can't find in any other
dictionary. One of them was using phonetic alphabet. It was a very hard task.
because they did not have phonetic fonts in their printing house. So they
build them. You can be sure it is  correct in 99.9% of time.

Anyway don't compare yourself with a great man like Dr Mo'in.

best regards
platoali