[Kde-i18n-fa] name conventions

Arash Bijanzadeh a.bijanzadeh at linuxiran.org
Tue Jun 1 07:11:31 CEST 2004

On Do shanbe 11 Khordad 1383 23:48, Aryan Ameri wrote:
[snip]
> It doesn't matter wether the alphabet is the same or not. First of
> all, the alphabet of most european languages have some differences
> with each other (none of them is exactly like English). Second, as I
> said it doesn't matter wether the alphabet is the same or not. 'Tux
> Paint' doesn't have any meaning for a French, but still it is written
> 'Tux Paint' and not 'Tux Peinture" cause it is the name of the
> application.

It is not about meaning, it is about the strange English characters appearing
inside the farsi glyphs, suppose someone can't read English then what?!  A
French user can read "Tux Paint" with french accent the same way he will read
"arash" but in farsi 'Tux Paint' is not readable.

--
Television has brought back murder into the home -- where it belongs.
					-- Alfred Hitchcock