[Kde-i18n-fa] Resources and another little tale

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Tue Sep 23 13:17:28 CEST 2003

Dear Friends,

Even though I had sent the list of our dictionaries and references to the
list before, I see a need to set up a page at www.farsikde.org so that
people see and use it. I will do so soon.

A person, who apparently knew me from my work on the middle persian online
dictionary, complained recently that we use Arabic words on our web page
for www.farsikde.org and was very disappointed and urged me to change it
so to use pure Farsi. I offered him to do it himself because time does not
permit to do so, but I am happy to accept any ones work on this. He
refused and said it was my job.

We can continue to complain about the change of "P" to "F" and so on. But
let me ask you few questions: Why stop in the Middlepersian time, let us
to any newer occurrence or let us go to the differences between Avesta and
Oldpersian and let us include the differences between Vedic and Avesta as
well and if we can we should also consider the Proto-Indo-European too and
its changes to the Latin language and...
or let us just work.

BTW: If anyone sells us a cheap time machine, we are happy to revise
everything back to the Middlepersian times, oh sorry I meant Oldpersian,
oh no sorry I meant the Northeastern family of Iranian languages, oh no no
no, I meant the Southwestern family that was...
Oh... let us just decide when we have the time machine.

Greetings,
Arash

--
The FarsiKDE Project