[Kde-i18n-fa] some problems

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Tue Sep 23 11:49:11 CEST 2003

On Monday 22 September 2003 01:28, Aryan Ameri wrote:

[...]

> Remember that as long as there is a word in the Kbabel dictionary, you
> should follow it, for the sake of consistency. If each translator
> chooses his/her own word, the end result would be a fiasco.

Note: this is not supposed to mean that we do not discuss our decisions.
But it does mean that we can not make a word by word discussion about the
whole thing. But if there is a word that just doesn't sound good or maybe
wrong, then we have to discuss it here on this mailing list.

I have posted several times the policy we follow and can repeat one point:
We go usually by the word that is used more commonly (even frequency
counts), can be looked up in a dictionary or another reference and
integrates best/better into the language and context.

Greetings,
Arash
--
The FarsiKDE Project