[Kde-i18n-fa] Farsi Keyboard

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Mon Oct 13 10:34:29 CEST 2003

On Monday 13 October 2003 02:45, Arash Partow wrote:

> Hi Aryan,
>
> according to your theory, you should be able to teach a blind
> man to use the standard qwerty keyboard without any brail,
> true ?
>

> Arash
>

> PS: at the start even if its for just a few days you need to know
>        where the letters are. And another thing when i visited to
>        atomic energy agency, I saw 4 different types of persian
>        keyboards in use in different departments, in one of them
>        the letter "peh" was where the tilda is in the standard qwerty
>        keyboard.

At this moment of writing ISIRI 2901:1994 is the standard keyboard layout
for Farsi. This is going to change; when? I don't know.
But you are right, if you buy a 'physical' keyboard in Iran, you will
encounter different layouts. One of them (major one?) being the M$ layout
and I think there are other ones too.

Greetings,
Arash
--