[Kde-i18n-fa] some problems

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Fri Oct 10 14:38:21 CEST 2003

On Friday 10 October 2003 09:52, Arash Partow wrote:
> Everyone's intentions sound good'n'dandy in their own
> way,

Ofcourse, we all think we are right don't we? I bet even McBride and Gates
also truly believe that GPL is wrong, and that free software shouldn't exist.
I bet Saddam also thought that he was ruling Iraq in the best possible way,
and even Pinoche and Stalin thought that they were doing the right thing.

>however i don't think the FarsiKDE project should
> continually be attempting to serve the lowest common
> denominator at the cost of other aspects and fundementals
> which make-up the other components of the project.

Being a little more clear doesn't hurt much. Does it?

The difficult task, is trying to find a good balance. We are not serving the
lowest common denominator here. However, if you were aware of how litlle
people speak english in this country, and how (most of the people) are
unfamiliar with technical terms, you would have realized that the average
common denominator (which is what we are trying to serve) is low.

You, an experienced developer, an exprt in information and security systems,
and a long time advanced computer user, found our translations " out-of-wack
and laughed your heads off at some of the translations". However, you fail to
underestand, that for most of the users, these funny unfamiliar translations,
are more logical and much better underestood than their english equivalents.

The reason that happened with BSDs, was that most of the people were not happy
with it. FarsiKDE thrives to please most of it's (potential) users, but
pleasing everyone is not an option. No single program can please everyone.

--
/*  "Every gun that is made, every warship launched,
every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a