[Kde-i18n-fa] Looking good

Abbas Izad abbasizad at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 14:57:39 CEST 2003

> > would you please explain to me how reviewing accomplishes?
> > everybody reviewing/checking other's translations or someone take care
>of
> > the whole job? I am just curious!
>
>My idea was to split the files. Each person reviewing one translation file.

I would like to point out some views that might come handy:
-- One who is going to review Kspread should be familiar with mathematic and
     statistic. I have studied both in university but in english and swedish
languages.
     It is important to use the correct farsi terms (if there are any) to
avoid confusion.
     This is a good reason for me to leave it to you guys reviewing  ;-)

-- Regarding consistancy errors, if several people review different files
that itself might
     result in inconsistancy.

-- consistancy check should only apply to menus (and visual texts like
labels, etc) and
     translation check to whole part (in particular comments, hints, etc...
here we have to
     allow synonyms).

-- there are some better (pure persian) words that has come up since you
started with kdelib, etc
     as an example is "barg" for "sheet" instead of "varagh" or "safhe".
     We do a favor to our langauge if we use synonyms which contain "pe",
"tcheh", "ge" and "zheh".
     This is a easy way to ensure that a word is pure persian!

these are only my thoughts and intentions to help the project nothing else!
you can use them or loose them!

/Abbas