[Kde-i18n-fa] FarsiKDE web site

Arash Zeini a.zeini at farsikde.org
Sun May 4 16:41:20 CEST 2003

On Sunday 04 May 2003 15:03, Hossein S. Zadeh wrote:

> On Sunday 04 May 2003 18:41, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > On Sunday 04 May 2003 12:17, Hossein S. Zadeh wrote:
> > > Hi there,
> > > I wonder if one needs MS I.E. in order to access www.farsikde.org web
> > > site? Shouldn't it at least work under KDE (out of the box)?    Just a
> > > thought.
> >
> > Well, out of the box, is always an issue ;)
> > What do you exactly mean with not being able to "access" the site.
> > Friends and me seem not to have any problems accessing and viewing the
> > site with Konqueror or Mozilla!
>
> Hi there,
> I've tried, Konqueror, Mozilla, and Opera.
>
> Konqueror gives lots of empty squares, plus the english parts. Mozilla
> gives lots of garbage characters, plus the english parts. Opera gives a
> mixture of empty squares and garbage characters, plus the english parts.
>
> I am using Linux, with  XFree86-4.2.0 (with fonts served by Xft-2.0) and
> kde-3.1.1.
>
> Hossein

Hi Hossein,

You are missing fonts I guess. You need to install/use some Unicode font that
"support" Farsi.
This is currently the case for: Arial Unicode M$, Arial, Times New Roman,
Clearlyu, Newspaper, Courier New, Unifont, Nesf

If you need Farsi fonts get them from here:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=bna

and read the guide on www.farsikde.org/guide.php (it is in English) to find
out how to install those, should you need help.

Then choose the right font in the fonts setting of Konqueror if it doesn't
work by default.

In case of Mozilla, you need to enable TTF in Mozilla and then choose a
default font for Unicode in the preferences section.

I do not use Opera and do not how that one handles Unicode.

Good luck,
Arash
--
The FarsiKDE Project