[Kde-i18n-fa] farsi in RedHat 9

hossein.zadeh hossein at rmit.edu.au
Sun May 4 14:48:52 CEST 2003

On Sat, 3 May 2003, Hamid wrote:

> As I said, I am in the middle of a fun! process called "THESIS WRITING"
> , and since I can not share my documents in KWord or OpenOffice format
> with my advisor (and also school's library) I am bound to select M$
> Wingooz :-) when I fire up my machine !
>
> Looking forward to the end of the May ;-)

Hi there,
Speaking of thesis writing, I remember sometime ago (some years ago) there
was a package called FarsiTeX, or something similar. IIRC, it was being
developed/maintained by a group of people in Computer Science at Sharif
Univ.

If it is still available, I think translating LyX (or kLyX) should get
higher priority than KWord; as LaTeX is a universal typesetting package of
choice.

As far as I am concerned if there is a conference/journal/library that
doesn't accept LaTeX documents, it is not worth my time publishing my work
there. (Did I say that I am an engineer/researcher? ;-)  )

cheers,
Hossein