[Kde-i18n-fa] farsi in RedHat 9

Hossein S. Zadeh hossein.zadeh at rmit.edu.au
Sun May 4 17:28:29 CEST 2003

On Sunday 04 May 2003 15:46, Hossein S. Zadeh wrote:
> On Sat, 3 May 2003, Hamid wrote:
> > As I said, I am in the middle of a fun! process called "THESIS WRITING"
> > , and since I can not share my documents in KWord or OpenOffice format
> > with my advisor (and also school's library) I am bound to select M$
> > Wingooz :-) when I fire up my machine !
> >
> > Looking forward to the end of the May ;-)
>
> Hi there,
> Speaking of thesis writing, I remember sometime ago (some years ago) there
> was a package called FarsiTeX, or something similar. IIRC, it was being
> developed/maintained by a group of people in Computer Science at Sharif
> Univ.
>
> If it is still available, I think translating LyX (or kLyX) should get
> higher priority than KWord; as LaTeX is a universal typesetting package of
> choice.

Hi there,
I am replying to my own..... oh, well.......

I just came across "kile" the KDE frontend to LaTeX. I got it using apt-get
through KDE-test (unstable) channel, so it is being actively developed. Looks
pretty impressive. Hard to admit, but looks even better than my trusty
emacs/vi :-(

I wonder how many people use LaTeX in Iran? At least in academia? Kile could
be the killer application to get LaTeX off-the-ground in Iran, so-to-speak,
if it itsn't already.

cheers,
Hossein