[Kde-i18n-fa] question

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Thu May 1 20:46:49 CEST 2003

On Friday 02 May 2003 06:35, Zoup wrote:
> >> remove :
> >> " tekan dadan " , " bardashtan " , "dar avardan" , "kandan" ,
> >> "bordan" , "azl kardan" , "pak kardan" , "zodoodan" , "koshtan!!"
> >> , "enteghal" .
>
> From all these, I guess 'pak kardan' is the nearest one, to the
>
> >computer meaning of 'remove'
> >
> >> delete :
> >> "zadan" , "hazf kardan" , " ghalam zadan " , "setordan"
> >>
> >> emmm ...
> >
> >This is hazf kardan, without a doubt
>
> I was using this two in koffice.po .
> "hazf kardan" is ok , so delete will translate to "hazf kardan".
> but what about remove ? "pak kardan" is not perfect , but
> its good enough to use . maybe "bardashtan" isn't too bad :)

Actually I agree that in english, remove means bardashtan, but in
computer terminology, bar dashtan doesn't have that much a meaning,
because bar dashtan IMHO refers to the physical act. But any way, both
of them are OK, just choose one.

Cheers

--
/* My grandfather told me about how when he was a kid,
they traded files on something called "Napster",