[Kde-i18n-fa] question

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Thu May 1 00:50:42 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 22:12, Abbas Izad wrote:
> I come up with another one, part farsi part English, "FinDOS".
>
> back to my question:
> I see we have translated both "delete" and "remove" to "hazf kardan".
> they have obviosely different meanings in kword. my dictionary has
> "bardashtan" for "remove" and "hazf" for "delete". Any suggestion to
> solve this collision? there are as many occorrances in kbabel for
> both of them and all use "hazf" as translation. consistancy here will
> cause problem for users to understand the differences between them
> when there will be two menue titled with Hazf.

ًReally after 10 years of using computers, and 2 years of using
GNU/Linux, I don't know the diffrence between hazf and remove, in
english. Ofcourse, bardashtan mean remove, but in compuer terminology,
what is really the diffrence?

--
/* My grandfather told me about how when he was a kid,
they traded files on something called "Napster",