[Kde-i18n-fa] Debian Required,

Arash Zeini kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:47:14 +0430

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 13:36, Aryan Ameri wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 March 2003 08:21, Ikomi Kara wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have many problems with Redhat 8.0 can anyone give
> > me a new debian?
> > I have a writer and I can buy the CDs.
>
> The last debian stable release, which was woody, is pretty old now, for
> example, it comes with KDE 2.2, and XFree 4.1. But you can easily upgrade
> debian woody to debian sid ( the last version with KDE 3.1 ) with just one
> command. However, it means that you should have a fast internet access.
> Gentoo and Debian users, will benefit most, from a high speed internet
> access. because, unlike RPM based systems, they don't have to reinstall the
> system every couple months. The system just keeps updating itself.

I do not recommend using sid, because it is in steady development and you need
to upgrade very many files all the time. Just update woody to newer packages,
till sarge is stable enough and then you can upgrade to Sarge.
If you don't belive me ask ArashB, he will be able to sing you a song about
this :)

> One more thing, Installing Debian is a nightmare, for new users. No
> graphical installer, and no hardware autodetection, and those fancy ( and
> troublesome ) features in Redhat and Mandrake. However, if you get to
> install it, it's just a task that shall be done once. after that, the
> system will update itself, without the need to install again.
>
> If you are in tehran, I guess Arash Z will be able to give you a copy.
> Arash ?
>
> Cheers

Sure, let me know where you are!

Arash