[Kde-i18n-fa] Printing on Red Hat

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 23:16:46 +0200

On Monday 24 March 2003 20:07, Rapheal Kaplan wrote:
>   Sorry for posting more questions like this, but you
> folks are quite helpful and I am greatful.  I of
> course, will share what information I get as a result.

don't even mention it. That's why ML's exist. To share info.

>   The next problem I am having is printing Farsi under
> Red Hat.  The corefonts project worked out really
> well.  Farsi is now everwhere on the system.  However,
> printing does not work, and it is critical that we are
> able to produce PDF documents in Farsi.
>
>   Has anyone had any luck with these things?  If you
> can help, thanks.  I will look in other places and
> post what I find if that would be helpful to others.

It seems no one is able to print Farsi documents. If you only followed the the
mailing list a couple of days ago, you would have seen the same subject
comming up. Right now I have tested Debain, SuSE, and RedHat and no one is
able to print with any of these distros. so it's a distro independent
problem, and is related wo KDE itself. I discussed this on the kde-devel
mailing list, and the folks there agreed that I shall file a bug on KDE
bugzilla. I will do this ASAP.

Cheers

--

/* Those who do not understand Unix
 *are condemned to reinvent it, poorly */