[Kde-i18n-fa] translating

Arash Zeini kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:41:12 +0330

On Monday 17 March 2003 22:50, somo wrote:

> Hi,
> Dear Arash;
> I didn't mean sending me any CDs.

OK, I thought in case you need files that you cannot download.

> Really, I was a little mixed up.
> Let me have a look at what should I do.
> 1. I should download a package (e.g. kword).

You don't need the package itself. At least not now. You need a file which
will be called packagename.pot. You can open this file in KBabel, after
setting it up the way I describe in that email. The you just translate and
save. Each time after you have translated strings, you can send the file to
me and I will commit it to CVS, which is a version control software for
source code.

That should actually be all. You don't need to translate man pages. You will
be translating the strings for the application GUI itself. I.e. everything
you see on menues and the like.

I can send you the file that you need to translate later. For now please make
sure to set up KBabel correctly. If you have questions and you are in Tehran,
let us know and we can help you on location :)

Greetings,
Arash