[Kde-i18n-fa] translation

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:56:22 +0200

On Saturday 15 March 2003 12:18, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Saturday 15 March 2003 13:17, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
>
> [...]
> > >
> > > Though I can see your point arash, I still stick to my point. software
> > > is complex stuff. maybe it would be better for us to take another look
> > > at history and learn from it. Multics was supposed to be a great OS.
> > > GE, MIT, Bell, and many others worked on it for many years. But
> > > finally, it became bloated and they had to abandon the project all the
> > > effort that had gone into it.
> > >
> > > Although, I can't compare what we are doing here with Multics, still a
> > > developer should always maintain his software. simply going on, without
> > > looking back is not the way. is it?
> >
> > Sure, I said continious debugging, didn't I? But we should not stop
> > working on new stuff. It was I i was trying to say
> > Cheers
> > Arash
>
> Well, KDE works this way anyhow. After a major release like KDE 3.1, this
> branch is opened for debugging, KDE 3.1.x branch. For translators and
> developers.
> At the same time we can work on new translations for the existing branch of
> releases or the next major release. Most translators however, I guess,
> prefer to add new translations to the next major release, here KDE 3.2.
> And this is my suggestion too: Add new files to 3.2 and do some debuggin in
> both branches.

Completely agree. New files for KDE 3.2, debugging on both branches.

BTW, on debian list, I am hearing rumurs that KDE 3.1.1 has been released.
Ralph even seems to have packaged it. have you read something similar on
KDE-devel or not? Or is it just Ralph, that ( as always ) is one step ahead
of KDe itself ???!!!

PS: Happy to see Arash Z back.

Cheers

--