[Kde-i18n-fa] translation

Arash Zeini kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 13:48:47 +0330

On Saturday 15 March 2003 13:17, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:

[...]

> > > Just another thing:
> > >
> > > Aryan mentioned is another mail that we are better to debug our
> > > translation first then go to new things. I completely disagree with it!
> > > The nature of OS is continious debugging and it should not prevent us
> > > from more developing - if we can call it developing -
> >
> > Though I can see your point arash, I still stick to my point. software is
> > complex stuff. maybe it would be better for us to take another look at
> > history and learn from it. Multics was supposed to be a great OS. GE,
> > MIT, Bell, and many others worked on it for many years. But finally, it
> > became bloated and they had to abandon the project all the effort that
> > had gone into it.
> >
> > Although, I can't compare what we are doing here with Multics, still a
> > developer should always maintain his software. simply going on, without
> > looking back is not the way. is it?
>
> Sure, I said continious debugging, didn't I? But we should not stop working
> on new stuff. It was I i was trying to say
> Cheers
> Arash

Well, KDE works this way anyhow. After a major release like KDE 3.1, this
branch is opened for debugging, KDE 3.1.x branch. For translators and
developers.
At the same time we can work on new translations for the existing branch of
releases or the next major release. Most translators however, I guess, prefer
to add new translations to the next major release, here KDE 3.2.
And this is my suggestion too: Add new files to 3.2 and do some debuggin in
both branches.

Greetings,
Arash

--