[Kde-i18n-fa] Re: Farsi Language Screenshots

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Mon Jun 30 02:27:09 CEST 2003

On Sunday 29 June 2003 13:15, Zoup wrote:
> On Monday June 30 2003 2:14 am, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > Hi there:
> >
> > Following Abbas' suggestion, new screenshots of FarsiKDE are now
> > available. These screenshots were taken from KDE 3.1.0 on my Debian
> > box. You can view them at
> > http://i18n.kde.org/screenshots/index.php?action=info&team=fa
> >
> > When Arash Zeini gets back from his trip, we will put a link to
> > them on www.farsikde.org website.
> >
> > Special thanks to Claudiu for making thumbnails and updating these
> > files.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Perfect ! thanks :)
> emm ... but take a look at
> http://i18n.kde.org/screenshots/fa/7full.jpg , the title of dialog is
> all " ??????????? " , maybe its better to change it if possible :)

I knew this.  i guess it is a font problem. But as far as I remember,
Arash B also had this problem on his machine. I have Arial Unicode on
my system, and these screenshots are taken using that font, I don't
know wether they are similar using other fonts or not.

Fact is Zoup, by showing FarsiKDE screenshots, we want to show a real
Farsi KDE, not just an ideal one. And the "Real" Farsi KDE, has these
glitches and problems. We don't want to hide them from users. After
all, it is just the first release, and even in it's current state, it
is far better than any Windows or Mac user can ever dream of (in terme
of farsi support).

--
/* "It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a
conservative without changing a single idea."