[Kde-i18n-fa] Menu shortcuts

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Mon Jul 14 10:12:23 CEST 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 08:39, Arash Zeini wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This point was raised by Aryan some time back and I forgot to reply
> to it. Menu short cuts work for me in FarsiKDE. Can anybody else
> confirm Aryan's experience of not working menu shortcuts in FarsiKDE?

They work here for me now, as long as I figure out how to use them. The
thing is, for applications which have been translated to Farsi (i.e
Konqueror) one have to select Farsi keyboard in order to be able to use
shortcut menus. Ofcourse this is rational, but as we know most of the
times we have English keyboard selected (i.e to issue commands) and
thus, this makes using shortcut menus very inconvenient.

I guess nothing can be done in this regard. It would have been more
inteligent of KDE, if it switched to English shortcut menus when user
has selected English keyboard, and switch back Farsi shortcut menus
when user has selected Farsi as his/her keyboard. But from a
programming POV I guess this is not doable.

Cheers

--
/*  God is dead. Darwin and Mendel jumped
him in an alley and beat him to death.