[Kde-i18n-fa] Refresh

Abbas Izad abbasizad at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 9 07:38:42 CEST 2003

>Hi,
>
>Is there a common dictionary of GUI terms and their Persian
>equivalents being maintained?

Do you mean an official one, distributed by for example Iranian IT
organisation?
I like to recall that one of our friends in this mailing list mentioned such
a dictionary for some month ago.
Obviously every translators does not access to that dictionary for the
reason that some of us live outside
of the country. I think most of the GUI terms has been picked up from there
but not all. As translation of kdelibs lays as a basis for all other
packages and it has been translated by two different teams both in some
connections with Sherif University there are some inconsistancy exist, like
the Refresh or Reload.
Ofcourse, translators including myself can be belamed for in some cases
regarding using other terms than what you can find in kdelibs or other
packages!

I like the idea if we could have a web page or a small searchable database
on the net just for GUI terms.
This could be very useful both for users and other individuals who like get
into translations of free software applications.

Regards
Abbas