[Kde-i18n-fa] farsi font

Arash Zeini kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:53:30 +0330

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 19:05, Rapheal Kaplan wrote:

RK >   By the way, has anyone noticed that Microsoft has
RK > removed the Arial Unicode MS Font from their website?
RK > They say they are available via Office XP and MS
RK > Publisher.  Yeah right, like I'm going to install
RK > those on my machine.  Are there any other remaining
RK > legal channels to get that font?
RK >
RK >   In the meantime, I will try the alternatives.
RK >
RK >   Thanks

Hi Rapheal,

If you are searching for a Unicode font this wont help you much, but you still
may want to take a look here:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=34153&release_id=105355

There you can find all/some of Microsoft's TrueType web fonts, that are not
available anymore too.

As Aryan write:
The files are in .exe format. There are two ways to get a ttf file out of
these, first is by using cabextract which can be found at

http://www.kyz.uklinux.net/cabextract.php3

and the second way is by using Wine. I haven't used cabextract, but I have
heard that it works. Wine, will put a ttf format of the file in
$HOME/.wine/path/to/windows'/font/directory

If you are using Debian cabextract comes with it.

Good luck,
Arash

--
The FarsiKDE Project