[Kde-i18n-fa] KDE Farsi Keyboard Map

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 10:54:28 +0330

On Saturday 25 January 2003 07:36, Rapheal Kaplan wrote:
>   My apologies.  I found the Farsi HOW-TO on the web
> site.  I managed to get it working, however I am still
> stuck with having to hold down the ALT key in order to
> type.

No, you shouldn't need this, you should go to KDE control center, to keyboard
layout section, there select Farsi (in RedHat I think it is ir) as your
default layout, then go to the options tab, and in the section called lock
behaviour (the last option), select press ALT-Shift for changing behaviour.
now if you type, you should be able to type in farsi, and if you press
ALT-Shift, you will be able to type in Latin.

BTW, the RedHat layout, isn't a complete and functional one. you can try and
use the layout, in farsikde, to use the full potential of farsi keyboard
layout.

Cheers

--
/* If you don't fight for your freedom,