[Kde-i18n-fa] Farsi word processing

Arash Zeini kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Sat, 8 Feb 2003 00:28:43 +0330

On Friday 07 February 2003 23:31, Rapheal Kaplan wrote:

> given word processor under GNU/Linux, what has peoples
> experiences been so far?
> Office?  We tried to use it on Open Office with a
> proper True Type font.  It only sort of worked.  Sure
> Farsi was popping out, but none of the characters were
> connected making it unreadable.  Has anyone had better
> luck?
> you end up having no problem with KWord, right?

You guess right. We use KWord for our text processing and sofar it has been
quite good.
I would say it works best, also if you use it to convert documents to XML or
HTML.
Another good point is taht with KOffice you have a whole Office package at
hand.

You achieve best results when you use KWord with Arial Unicode M$.

> HTML using Mozilla.

As far as I can say, Mozilla has problems with Persian characters! Can you
type in Peh and Zheh?

Greetings,
Arash
--