[Kde-i18n-fa] Tux4 kids + Knoppix made!

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:50:21 +0330

Hi there:

I came across this article

http://newsforge.com/newsforge/03/02/03/1918221.shtml?tid=23

Which is a review of a project producing a Tux4 kids + Knoppix CD. It seems as
arash zeini first pointed out (and I have to admit, first I didn't see the
market for such a thing, but now i can clrealy see it), kids will love such a
live cd with kids games in it.

I hope the next version of shabdix, will have so many games and so many
edutainment programs in it, that people just won't shut it down.

This section is interesting

Take a Tux4Kids/Knoppix CD to a school or a parentally-inclined friend's house
and you will be doing some outstanding Linux evangelism. The only thing more
likely to spread Linux than a CFO showing how much less it costs than Windows
or commercial Unix in a server room, is a small child winsomely asking,
"Mommy, can I have a Linux? Can I play with the penguins some more?"

Cheers

--
"Dismiss the weak and inferior, embrace the
 Evil and Possess your Box  before the beast

Aryan