[Kde-i18n-fa] groupware, spam, ham and bug

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Wed Dec 24 00:41:25 CET 2003

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 11:28, Arash Partow wrote:
> Just to play devil's advocate what about words such as:
>
> spammer
> spammed
> spamming
> spamee
> spammers

Actualy I don't consider it a disability of our language, or our group,
if we can't translate these. C'mon, my US-born, native english speaker
cousin didn't know the meaning of spam when I asked her. Now, I know
geeks know of spam since Monthy Python, but geeks live in their own
world, which is a bit different from the real world.

These are relatively new words even in English language. It took us a
couple of years to translate 'software' and 'hardware' to Farsi, in a
way that was meaningful and was accepted by everyone. Now, I saw BBC
Persian translating spam az Harz Nameh, and I liked it, and I think it
is going to be accepted. It won't be long before we find a good
translation for spammer, spamming, ....

Long live Farsi!

--
/*  Trademarks, Copyrights, Patents, etc are all loans from the public
domain. They are not a property ('intellectual' or otherwise.) */