[Kde-i18n-fa] daemon

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Wed Apr 30 00:10:20 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 22:51, Abbas Izad wrote:

> >I think its could be funny , " lotfan div e smbd ra ejra konid " !
> >users will not understand be purpose :) using Daemon as itself
> >is better than "div" or "jen" or this kind of translation .
>
> If the goal of this project is making linux/kde easy to learn and
> use, I think Aghazgar is the right interpretation of daemon. But if
> we only want to have a few farsi hackers, then it is OK playing with
> words.

OK, I agree, that 'div' or 'jen' might not be good. And believe me, all
I want to do is to make use of GNU/Linux and KDE widespread. FarsiKDE
tries to bring the power of GNU and Linux, to ordinary iranian users.
Our target is not hackers, hackers don't need a translation, they are
perfectly happy with english.

But all I am saying, is that untill now, we have always used some really
formal words. Not that it's bad, but we should at the same time try to
preserve the hackerdome culture. I don't believe that using some
not-that-much-formal word, would make FarsiKDE a hackers-only product.

--
/* Mom, I'm not viewing porn late at night; really,
I'm just at slashdot, reading myself blind */