[Kde-i18n-fa] daemon

A. R. M. amojahed at uwo.ca
Tue Apr 29 17:19:15 CEST 2003

Here's my 2 cents:

When I first saw the request for suggestions for daemon, I also thought that it means deev, or jenn and that it'd sound weird in Persian to say something like "deev-e smbd raa nasb konid."

But "aghazgar" means something that starts something. Daemon doesn't just do that. It also keeps an eye on the process and forks, and creates children, etc. etc. So, it does something more than a deev or jenn. It's sort of a god (or khodaavand). And in fact, that's another interpretation for daemon.

So, having said that, is there something that's as omnipotent as a daemon in Persian but not quite a "khodavand?"  Maybe shahnameh WILL help.  :)

A.

: emmm ... I really like this idea Aryan , but you think this could be
: successful in Iran ? I think people will not like it :(
: personally I love this kind of programs (" Idiot! check config files!")
: but I still think "div" or "jen" could not be perfect , maybe we must use
: something else ... something New , something impressive as Daemon !
: (for example something from "shahname" , I will take a look !)
: this kind of translating , is harder than something like "aghazgar"! but
: people will love or hate it .
:
: Armin