[Kde-i18n-fa] translation rules

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Mon Apr 28 15:44:33 CEST 2003

On Monday 28 April 2003 14:22, Arash Zeini wrote:
> On Monday 28 April 2003 13:25, Aryan Ameri wrote:
> > On Monday 28 April 2003 09:09, Arash Zeini wrote:
> > > On Wednesday 28 May 2003 10:21, Zoup wrote:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > No, not at all.
> > > I think: even though we have names for some of the symbols and
> > > can translate those, we have to consider that they all appear in
> > > a dropdown box. Since a lot of these symbols are not
> > > translateable, I would prefer not to mis Farsi and English in a
> > > dropdown box. It will look and behave nasty. I suggest not to
> > > translate these symbol names and to keep them in English for now.
> >
> > Can someone please point me, how to find these symbols in one of
> > koffice application? I want to see how they are used in the
> > application.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Open KFormula and there you will find a dropdown box for symbols to
> be inserted into the formula. I think these are only some of the
> sumbols. KOffice 1.3 may introduce new ones.

How about openning KWord and then Insert > Special Character?
Is this what you guys are reffering to?

If yes, then I agree with Arash and I think it's best not to translate
them. Aside from the RTL and LTR thing, these are special characters
that are internationaly recognized, and are the same all over the
world. They are for example used in math, and whatever your language
is, weather it is farsi or english, these are international and
shouldn't be changed.

Cheers

--
/* Mom, I'm not viewing porn late at night; really,
I'm just at slashdot, reading myself blind */