[Kde-i18n-fa] a quick question

Aryan Ameri a.ameri at linuxiran.org
Fri Apr 25 20:54:45 CEST 2003

On Friday 25 April 2003 19:47, Abbas Izad wrote:
> Is it OK to invent new word? I like to translate:
> bookmard = yaad nevesht
>
> what you think?

No, It's not OK. Because it would break consistency.

You see, bookmark has everywhere been translated to "choob alef". Now
for example it is choob alef in Konqueror, and it is choob alef in all
other applications,so it should remain choob alef everywhere. That's
the whole point of being consistent. We can't just go on and translate
a word differently in each application.

If you want to change something though, that's another question. Because
that means that we shall go trough all of the currently translated
files, and change them. It's a hell of a task, but sometimes, it might
be acceptable, if the new translation is far superior.

Cheers
--
/* Mom, I'm not viewing porn late at night; really,
I'm just at slashdot, reading myself blind */