[Kde-i18n-fa] I wanted some info about your work...

Aryan Ameri kde-i18n-fa@mail.kde.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:20:50 +0000

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 09:48 pm, Arash Bijanzadeh wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 September 2002 01:47, Elyas Khameneh wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am new to this mailing list and I wonder about your work,
> > Well, I am so excited about this, and I wanted to participate here,
> > just someone tell me what's this all about, do you use farsi fonts to
> > convert kde programs into farsi or what,
> > and I think that in the next couple of years Linux will blow Microsof=
t a
> > bit away from the software market!
> >
> > Thank You Beforehand,
> >
> > Regards,
>
> You are welcome Elyas!
> It is not just font, You got to have KDE3 installed on your machine the=
> have a Farsi Font and enable the multiKeyboard capability of KDE from
> control ceterBut the first step is to install KDE 3 . You can use RedHa=
t7.3
> or SuSe8.0 or you may want to compile it from the source?!
> Arash

Yeah, Arash B is right. but I think Elyas didn't ask about how to start=20
translating. He asked about what we are doing. The answer is, we are=20
translating the KDE GUI to farsi, using Unicode. Please visit=20
www.farsikde.org for more information ( Best viewed by Konqueror ! )
--=20
Aryan