[kde-i18n-el] Suspend of contributing

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun May 4 13:34:27 UTC 2014

El Diumenge, 4 de maig de 2014, a les 12:15:54, Dimitrios Glentadakis va
escriure:
> > "I find it sad that you stopped contributing to KDE and even more sad to
> > see you bring this as a reason."
> >
> > You may find it sad, but will you do something about it?
>
> https://plus.google.com/+VisheshHanda/posts/FXcaf4hb3yx
>

> For the above and to support  Aaron Seigo, i suspend -any- contribution to
> KDE from my part. This is in conjunction with my personal opinion that i
> made after the introduction of baloo, the behaviour of his developer, and
> how was admitted by other devs:
> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=120733 so i have the feeling of
> "what i'm doing here", this community doesn't correspond in my values and
> ideals any more. I'm not someone important so there is no problem for the
> KDE community.

Hi Dimitrios, I want to thank you for all the work you've done in making KDE
better.

I'd also like try to make you reconsider your position:

 * KDE is not a monoculture, we have lots of people with lots of different
ideas/point of views. Having different, even conflicting ideas, is not bad if
we all learn to discuss them politely, this is one of the growing pains we
need to learn. I am sure there is lots of people in KDE that share your
values, and some others that same only some, and some others that don't share
any, that doesn't mean we can all agree to work on a shared view of the
greatness that KDE represents.

 * By you leaving, we lose one of those "different ideas/point of views", that
is always bad since it moves us more towards the monoculture we don't want.

 * Ultimately by stopiing your contributions you are not "punishing" Vishesh
or helping the people that share your values against the ones that don't. By
leaving you're only making harder the life of people that enjoy the
translations to Greek you make, since the Greek team will have less from now
on.

Hugs!
  Albert