Serbian (sr): how to submit updated translations?
Johnny Jazeix
jazeix at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 17:17:03 BST 2026
Hi Nemanja,
welcome back!
If there are no coordinator, we have en entry in the faq on how to
restart the team:
https://l10n.kde.org/quickfaq.php#IwanttostartanewlanguageortorestartanunmaintainedexistingteamWhatshouldIdo.
Once these files are translated and accepted, you will need to get a
"developer" account so in the future you can update them yourself:
https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/Get_a_Developer_Account
At the time, please mention that you need SVN access for translations.
Regarding summit workflow, it's not officially supported in KDE. The
documentation can be found at
https://techbase.kde.org/Localization/Workflows/PO_Summit. For French,
we run daily this script which does the synchronisation:
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-support/fr/summit/scripts/sync_summit_branches.sh?view=log
Other teams, such as German, use Klash: https://invent.kde.org/bxela/klash.
Cheers,
Johnny
Le lun. 17 août 2026 à 10:22, Nemanja Hiršl <nemhirsl at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>
> I worked on the Serbian (sr) translation years ago, then I was away for a long time and lost track of how things are done today. I have three updated catalogs ready (ksirk.po, libkdegames6.po, ksirkskineditor.po - KSirk was showing English strings in the Serbian UI) and I'm looking for a way to submit them.
>
> I sent them to kde-i18n-sr ten days ago: https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-i18n-sr/2026-August/001108.html
> No reply so far. The team page lists no coordinator, the last commit to the sr summit was in June 2020, and a Dolphin update sent to the list in June also got no reply. The team page says to contact this list in that case.
>
> I don't have SVN access, so I can't merge them into the summit myself. What should I do - send the files privately to someone who can commit them, or ask for SVN access and learn the summit workflow? I'd like to keep working on the Serbian translation after this.
>
> Best regards,
> Nemanja
More information about the kde-i18n-doc
mailing list