KDE in Silesian (szl)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon May 20 23:32:11 BST 2024

El divendres, 17 de maig del 2024, a les 20:37:46 (CEST), Grzegorz Kulik va escriure:
> Dear all,

Hello and Welcome to KDE :)

> I would like to start the effort to translate KDE to Silesian (ISO
> code: szl). I'm quite sure no one is working on it right now, otherwise
> I would know it.
>
> I'm the coordinator of the Silesian teams translating Ubuntu and
> LibreOffice and chair of the Silesian Language Council if that matters.

The first thing we ask people that want to create a new team is to
translate kcoreaddons, kio and kxmlgui as close to 100% as possible and send
them to me in private (no need to bother the rest of the people in the mailing
list with those files).

https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kcoreaddons/
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kxmlgui/
https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/templates/messages/kio/

So your first task to become your own "1 person translator team to Silesian"
would be to get those files as close to 100% as possible and send
them to me.

Do you need help with how the translation workflow works?

> I was wondering if anyone could help me with one small thing. In the
> documentation I can't find any information about how to bring Silesian
> language data to KDE from CLDR, so that things like month names,
> plurals etc. work correctly. Right now, while testing my translation on
> Plasma, I get eg. "M05" instead of "Mŏj" in the calendar. What has to
> be done here?

Can you be a bit more specific on which versions and where you have this issue?

Can I guess you're using Plasma 5?

On Qt6/Plasma6 it seems to work for me

"wtorek, 21 moja 2024 00:30:26 GMT+2"

Best Regards,