Please test Lokalize master (if you can)

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Fri Jul 12 15:36:09 BST 2024

Albert Astals Cid skreiv 12.07.2024 14:29:
> If you have the hability to test a self built Lokalize from git master branch,
> please do.
>
> We (well mostly Volker) have just ported it to KF6 and some [small]
> regressions may have sneaked in.

It’s great that this has been ported in KF6.

I did a small test, an opening a project (with many files) seems to be
much slower than in the old version. The time from launching Lokalize to
all files being read and indexed is ~31 seconds with the version from
Git master, compared to ~14 seconds with the KF5 version. I have tested
this multiple times (to avoid caching having an effect). Note that the
KF5 version used was the latest openSUSE Tumbleweed package; I did not
compile it myself.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer