Migrating Pology to Python 3

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Sat Jan 21 15:02:09 GMT 2023

Luigi Toscano skreiv 24.12.2022 15:28:
> The problem with check_spell, on the other hand, is that it seems broken even
> with python2, as the call to aspell leads to a segmentation fault, at least on
> Debian testing. check_spell wraps aspell directly, calling the C library. My
> suggestion would be to drop check_spell completely and use check_spell_ec,
> which is based on the enchant library, which works.

FWIW, ‘check_spell’ has *always* segfaulted for me (for many years, on
Python 2). So I have always used ‘check_spell_ec’ instead.

The current ‘check_spell_ec’ (Python 3) only partially works. I can
successfully run

     posieve check-spell-ec

But when I run

     posieve check-spell-ec -slist

(to get a list of the misspelled words), I get an error message:

     posieve: [error] sort() takes no positional arguments

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer