Generating documentation is broken for me

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Mon Jan 2 19:21:10 GMT 2023

Hi,

понеділок, 2 січня 2023 р. 21:14:53 EET Frederik Schwarzer написано:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to run update_xml today to generate translated docbooks but it
> failed with:
>
> ---8<---
> Updating digikam-doc/digikam documentation (master)
>
> gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
> tar: Child returned status 1
> Failed to download documentation/digikam-doc master:digikam
> No differences
> There was an error updating the sources
> --->8---
>
> Is that an issue with my setup or a general problem?

No, this is a general problem. The master branch of DocBook docs was replaced
by the Sphinx-based docs.

I think it will be mitigated when we use the docmessages translation in the
.rst-based templates. It would be very sad if we just loose all old
translations.

Best regards,
Yuri