Missing KRunner translation strings? (was: Translation for time zone conversion runner)

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Mon Feb 20 21:19:13 GMT 2023

Karl Ove Hufthammer skreiv 12.02.2023 11:55:
> And in the search field i KRunner, the default (greyed out) text
> ‘Search…’ is always shown in English. It *used* to be shown as
> translated, but a few years (?) ago, it turned into just English, and
> I can’t seem to find the string to translate to make it appear as
> translated.

Upgrading to the recently released Plasma (or Framworks?) seems to
finally have fixed this.

> Anybody know which file it is taken from? I also have the same problem
> with the search field in the ‘System Settings’ application. (But in
> the application launcher and in the ‘Present Windows’ effect, the
> similar search field *is* shown as translated.)

This wasn’t fixed by the latest update, but the PO file seems to be
kirigami/libkirigami2plugin_qt.po. I hadn’t translated the relevant
string. Doing this and compiling and installing the updated file fixed
the problem. For anybody interested in how to compile files with the
_qt.po suffix (msgmerge doesn’t work), here is what I used:

     lconvert-qt5 -i libkirigami2plugin_qt.po -o libkirigami2plugin_qt.qm

The file should then be installed where the other translations files for
your language can be found. On my distro and for my language (language
code: nn), that was:

     /usr/share/locale/nn/LC_MESSAGES/

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer