Considering stopping i18n for develop.kde.org

Phu Hung Nguyen phu.nguyen at kdemail.net
Sat Feb 18 22:46:29 GMT 2023

Hi everyone,

I created this issue [1] in the website repo some days ago and intended
to ask here too but then forgot.

Tonight I just saw the big update to Kirigami tutorials [2] has been
merged. Tomorrow you will see many changes to PO files of this website,
since Kirigami tutorials take up the most of what are i12ized
(internationalized) here.

I would like to take this chance to ask for your opinions: do you think
it's worth the effort to translate this website? Or do you enjoy
translating this website?

I don't know how the i18n of this website started, but my opinion, as
said in [1], is that this website contains mostly technical stuff, of
course we can make it translatable, but I'm not sure that's what we
should do now, especially when this website still has a lot of issues
(both errors/problems and improvements) in English to be taken care of.
That's why I propose that we stop i18n of this website.

Anyway, that's my opinion only. I'm looking forward to knowing your
opinions.

Regards,
Phu

[1] https://invent.kde.org/documentation/develop-kde-org/-/issues/120