Translation for time zone conversion runner

Natalie Clarius natalie_clarius at yahoo.de
Thu Feb 9 17:40:34 GMT 2023

Dear translators,
I authored the recently added time zone conversion feature for the date-time runner. It was brought to my attention that the way the input is parsed poses some problems for translation into various languages. I actually intended to make the syntax not too natural-language-y, and we decided to go with a format similar to what we already have in the unit conversion runner. The discussion can be found here: https://invent.kde.org/plasma/kwin/-/merge_requests/2587 But it appears that I did not succeed in making it independent enough of peculiarities of English syntax after all.

Could you point out which assumptions about the input format are especially problematic for translation, and how this could possibly be handled in a better way?
Cheers,Natalie