Generating Documentation for Arabic

Zayed Al-Saidi zayed.alsaidi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 11:29:34 BST 2023

Thank Johnny

On Sun, Apr 23, 2023 at 1:05 PM Johnny Jazeix <jazeix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Le dim. 23 avr. 2023 à 10:49, Zayed Al-Saidi <zayed.alsaidi at gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> Hi All!
>>
>> I want to translate Kturtle handbook to Arabic language. I've translated
>> the po files for the handbook and commit it to the docmessages folder for
>> Arabic. See:
>> https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-kf5/ar/docmessages/kturtle/
>>
>> My question is How to generate the Arabic docbook files and put it to the
>> doc folder. I tried to run createdoctemplates.sh, but I've gotten the
>> English source of docbooks and the pot files only so far.  I'm sure I'm
>> missing something :)
>>
>> Is there any guideline or step by step for the new language?
>>
>> Hi,
>
> For French, we have this script
> https://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n-support/fr/summit/scripts/sync_summit_branches.sh?view=markup
> to handle both summit process (up to line 105) and then, the documentation
> generation between line 99 and 110 (the next ones are the same for other
> branches).
> The doc is generated using update_xml from scripty.

Here what I did:
1- svn checkout for /trunk/l10n-kf5/ar/docmessages
2- update files in /docmessages/kturtle with Arabic translation in po file
format
3- at docmessages folder, I run this:
SCRIPTY_I18N_BRANCH=trunk_kf5 ../script/l10n-scripty/update_xml ar kturtle
3- The output is a new folder with name "documentation" and inside it a
folder with name "kturtle" having English docbook files!

It seems that update_xml does not recognize ar. Do I miss something here?